Thursday, February 9, 2012

LEGO LOTR Leak?

Yes I am aware that some people have leaked images of alleged LEGO Lord of the Rings sets - watermarked with "confidential" across them.  But out of respect to the LEGO Group's wishes, then, I have decided not to post pictures of them.  I believe that it is important to honour the LEGO Group in this matter, and in all honesty, I still wouldn't rule out that these aren't well made mock-ups.

They could very well be real, however, some of the models seem to incorporate some more advanced building techniques that are not typically represented in LEGO sets that lead me to believe that they could be fake.  If you are really interested, I'm sure you can find the photos fairly easily with a quick Google and determine for yourself.

Further, it appears that the person who posted the Lord of the Rings sets did not capture any photos of oher sets at the Nuremberg Toy Fair, which, to me, limits their credibility.  Other posters, such as Spieletest, managed to capture many photos of many different sets - and yet photos of the alleged Lord of the Rings sets marked 'confidential' were not present - nor was there even any mention of their existence.  But perhaps they were removed at LEGOs insistence, and I am unaware.

Bah who am I kidding - the photos are probably legit, and I'm probably just being overly cautious.

The new Monster Fighters line, however, looks very interesting!

More to come once some more legitimate news arises.

No comments:

Post a Comment