Tuesday, January 31, 2012

LEGO Parliament Hill

For this year's Brickfete convention (Canada's LEGO convention), I have submitted the following structure - a LEGO version of Parliament Hill!  I was inspired to make a model of Parliament Hill for many reasons - mostly though, because I think it is a beautiful building, and an important Canadian landmark!More info (and photos) after the jump!
The rules for the contest stipulate that the structure has to be no more than 100 pieces, and must be comprised solely of parts in production.  I had to trim it down to 100 pieces - but sadly, I am not sure if all of the parts I have used are currently in production - particularly the sand-green pieces for the towers, designed to give that oxidized copper look.  That being said, I am certain that the same building could be made with a couple of colour swaps, and that it would still look just as nice.

Here are the two main photos that inspired my build




Here are some shots of the building rotated around at different angles





Further - here is some detail on the Peace Tower.



And the Parliamentary Library - I had some fun with this one!  The finishing cap piece could be exchanged for an alternate nose cone piece, but I liked this look.


Here you can see how I achieved the 'rounded' look.


Lastly, here are some shots showing several phases of construction.










I hope you enjoyed looking at my structure! I would love to hear any/all feedback!

1 comment: